This is an extensive program intended for students who wish to deepen their knowledge and experience of Dharma, to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Dharma teachers, and to benefit all living beings through the flourishing of pure Buddhadharma. If you are interested in joining this program, please contact [email protected]
WHAT IS TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM (TTP)?
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to (1) deepen their knowledge and experience of Dharma, (2) to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Dharma teachers, and (3) to benefit all living beings through the flourishing of pure Buddhadharma.
All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centers follow this in-depth program of study and practice.
The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Gen Kelsang Chokyan is the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center New Mexico. As an American Buddhist monk, he has been practicing meditation and modern Buddhism for 16 years and is a great example of how to practice Kadampa Buddhism in the modern world. His sincere teachings are presented with humor and warmth, showing us how to find peace and happiness in our everyday daily lives.