Teacher Training Program
Modern Buddhism and Meditation Study Program in Albuquerque
Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:30–8:30pm
This is an extensive study program intended for students who wish to deepen their knowledge and experience of Dharma, to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Dharma teachers, and to benefit all living beings through the flourishing of pure Buddhadharma. Previous experience with our weekly meditation classes and Foundation Program is suggested before joining Teacher Training Program. If you are interested in joining this program, please contact [email protected]
WHAT IS TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM (TTP)?
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to (1) deepen their knowledge and experience of Dharma, (2) to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Dharma teachers, and (3) to benefit all living beings through the flourishing of pure Buddhadharma.
All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centers follow this in-depth program of study and practice.
There are twelve subjects/books that we study in this program
The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
We meet twice a week, Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:30–8:30PM, online and in-person at Kadampa Meditation Center, New Mexico. The cost is $75/month which includes Teacher Training Program, Preliminary Retreats, and General Program classes (weekly drop-in meditation).
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Gen Kelsang Khyenwang is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center New Mexico. She is a close disciple and student of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and has been practicing and teaching under his guidance for many years. The teachings she shares are clear, heartfelt and extremely practical for modern life. Gen Khyenwang is an inspiring example of a contemporary Buddhist practitioner and is known for her warmth and sincerity, putting time-tested teachings into practice in daily life.